- The Finimize.com website (the “Website”), the Finimize application (the “App”) and the Finimize email service (the “Email Service”) (collectively the “Platform”) is operated by Finimize Limited (“we“, “our”, “us” or “Finimize”). We respect your right to privacy. Any information provided by you to us will be treated lawfully in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“) and/or such amending legislation or other applicable data protection legislation as may be adopted in England and Wales from time to time. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline our policies and practices regarding the processing, collection, use and disclosure of any information you submit to us through the Platform. You are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement by using the Platform. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the Platform.
- The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices relating to the Platform. In order to fully understand your rights, we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement, our Terms & Conditions and Cookies Policy. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any other websites. This Privacy Statement applies only with respect to the information collected on the Platform and not any information collected or obtained through other methods or sources. Please note that you must be at least 18 years old to use the Platform. Each time you use the Platform, you will be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and you should review this each time you use the Platform to satisfy yourself that you are happy with it.
- For the purpose of the Acts, the data controller is Finimize Limited with its registered office at Third Floor, 1 New Fetter Lane London EC4A 1AN.
- Types of Information Collected
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide to us when using the Platform or availing of our services or in response to specific information requests explicitly presented to you such as your first name, last name, age, company name; salary, savings, marital status, debt incurred (if any), whether you are a home owner, your e-mail address and country or territory of origin;
- information provided at the time of registering to use the Platform, posting material (such as comments, postings reviews, ratings and other information) on the Platform or requesting further services (such as activities you may sign up to on the Platform);
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- details of your visits to the Platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, device data and other communication data, the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access and information regarding clicks and opening of emails.
- IP addresses and Cookies
- Purposes for which we hold your Information
- We will use any personally identifiable information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to ensure that content from the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to notify you after registration of your account details;
- to provide you access to the Platform and to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform;
- to send the regional edition which would be most suited to you;
- to optimize our email service;
- to respond to any queries you submit to us;
- to provide you with information on services offered by us, our partners or our advertisers where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to seek your views on the Platform and our services;
- to inform you about any changes to the Platform and services;
- to process any requests we receive from you;
- to fulfil any contractual obligations formed between you and Finimize; and
- to send newsletters, promotional emails, provide financial guidance and to offer related services to you from Finimize.
- We will use any personally identifiable information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- We may also use your data, or disclose your data to selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these.
- We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out (or unsubscribe) in the future from any marketing or promotional emails we may occasionally send. You may change your preferences at any time and this option can be done by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
- We use any non-personally identifiable data gathered from visitors to the Platform in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise the Platform.
- We do not, without your consent, disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide anonymised statistical data to them for research and survey purposes. We may also use such information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Where we store your personal data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of follow up services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- All information you provide to us is stored on a third party’s secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or username which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password or username confidential. We ask you not to share this information with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We have security in place such as backup and other appropriate technical security measures.
- Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required for the Platform services. Examples of such services include analysing data, providing marketing services, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. In such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. We may disclose some or all of your personally identifiable information (other than credit card information) with merchants or suppliers, including, but not limited to, Kickofflabs.com, WordPress.com and Disqus.com, whose services you have purchased for their commercial purposes and to provision of the services. You may not use the Platform if you do not want us to use or disclose personally identifiable information collected about you in the manner identified in this Privacy Statement. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information when posting comments or other information or content through the Platform, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of the Platform available to others.
- We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order: (a) to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order or other statutory or legal requirement; (b) to enforce the Platform Terms & Conditions or other agreements or to protect our rights, property or safety of Finimize Limited and its subsidiaries and group companies; or (c) to protect the safety of users of the Platform, or others.
- We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Finimize Limited group of companies and approved contractors or sub-contractors working on our behalf.
- We may provide non-personally identifiable data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Platform. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Platform, the demographic breakdown of our users of the Platform, or the activities that visitors to the Platform engage in while on the Platform. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include, for example, potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
- Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your personal data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Statement and provided that the third party uses your personally identifiable information only for the purposes that you provided it to us.
Your personally identifiable information is held on secure servers hosted by our Internet service provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. However, we take your online security very seriously and we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate industry and technical protocols and standards) to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse, alteration or disclosure. We endeavour to use appropriate security measures.
- The Platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties for your convenience and information only. We accept no liability in connection with any third party website accessed via a link from the Platform, or any contract entered into or through a third party website. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Accessing, Updating, Verifying and Deleting personally identifiable information
You have the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data and may inform us of any changes in your personally identifiable information, and in accordance with our obligations under the Act, we will update or delete your personally identifiable information accordingly. To find out what personally identifiable information we hold on you or to have your personally identifiable information updated, amended or removed from our database or if you would like a copy of some or all of your personally identifiable information, please email us at email@example.com. Any access request may be subject to a prescribed fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
- We may amend this Privacy Statement on occasion, in whole or part, at our sole discretion. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement on the Platform. The changes will be posted on the Platform so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner. Continued use of the Platform following notice of any such changes shall indicate your acceptance of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, as it may be amended from time to time, in whole or part, you must cease use of the Platform.
- If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our registered address is Third Floor, 1 New Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1AN.