You’ll be good at understanding financial news and concepts, and simplifying them for our readers. You’ll be working directly with our VP Content, analysts, and editors team to develop new and engaging content for the Finimize community. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in a financial markets role such as equity research (buy or sell-side) OR as a financial or markets journalist/reporter.
💸 What sets Finimize apart?
- You’ll work directly with the founding team
- You’ll work with a team that has a strong track record
- You’ll make a big impact and an immediate contribution
- You’ll join a high-growth startup with global traction and backed by some of the world’s best investors
- Collaborate with the Content team to write Finimize’s daily financial newsletter which reaches a million-plus-strong audience – helping them understand what the biggest stories of the day mean for them
- Curate and write stories and associated content in the Finimize style and format according to daily deadlines
- Manage content in systems including WordPress, Django, and Wagtail
- Generate ideas for new newsletter initiatives and other projects including sponsored content, deep dives, and insights
- Generate distinctive story ideas by staying on top of the day’s most important financial and business news – and by leveraging external data sources
Some things we consider critical to being our Newsletter Producer:
- 2-3 years experience analyzing, discussing and/or writing about financial markets
- A strong ability to understand and explain macroeconomic trends and concepts
- An ability to interpret and explain the performance of individual companies
- An interest and ability to understand what matters to our audience in financial markets and why
- Demonstrable writing skills
- A willingness to work according to the newsflow (some late nights are necessary)
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
- A combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- A strong desire to work in a startup environment
🙌 Salary, benefits, and perks:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- 25 days of annual holiday
- Your own personal development budget
- Special rates for gym memberships across London
- Discounts at retailers – ranging from Amazon to Tesco
- Free phone insurance
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
How to apply
Send us an email at email@example.com with a brief intro and your CV. You need to be able to work in London to be considered.
If your profile’s a good fit, we’ll ask you to complete a preliminary writing test, and then arrange an introductory call to get to know each other better.
🙊 Psst... We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team.