You’ll need eagle-eyed editing skills, a deft ear for rhythm, tone, and flow, and an unflagging ability to explain complex topics simply and concisely. You’ll need creative flair, too: we want you to find compelling ways into inert stories, ply your output with a sense of humor, and work closely with every part of the company to delight our audience. Keep in mind that we don’t expect our editors to be financial experts, though the confidence to understand, question, and challenge our analysts in a must.
💸 What sets Finimize apart?
- You’ll work directly with the founding team
- You’ll make a big impact and an immediate creative contribution
- You’ll join a high-growth startup with global traction and backed by some of the world’s best investors
- Work with our analysts to edit our daily newsletter and long-form Packs, and help our 800,000-strong audience understand (and care about) the latest financial goings-on
- Work with designers on cool image ideas, Business Development on partnerships, Community on event shoutouts, Product on in-app copy, and whoever else needs your expert ear
- Put a Finimize spin on our marketing and brand copy, whether that’s in email campaigns, websites, social ads, print ads, and so on
- Tweak existing content strategies based on what’s working and what isn’t, and come up with new ways to engage, convert, and enthuse our users
Some things we consider critical to being our Editor:
- At least a couple of years’ experience working with words
- Flawless writing, editing, and proofreading skills, but flexibility and humility about language rules too
- An openness for others to question your work, and the motivation, self-awareness, and ambition to do the same to yourself
- Buckets of imagination and an encyclopedic knowledge of otherwise-useless pop culture references
- The ability to be brief without being curt, smart without being pompous, witty without being cringy
- A willingness to work with the news flow (think late nights around earnings season)
- A keenness to work in a pretty relentless startup environment
- A passing familiarity with the basics of financial stuff
How to apply
Send us an email at email@example.com with a brief intro, your CV, and a few examples of your written work. You need to be able to work in London to be considered.
We’ll let you know we received your application and, if it makes sense, we’ll have a call or grab a coffee to chat about things further 😀
🙊 Psst... We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team.