You’ll obviously need a keen eye for all the grammatical bits, but also a dainty ear for rhythm, tone, and flow, as well as an unflagging ability to explain complex topics simply and concisely. You’ll need creative flair, too: we want you to find compelling ways into inert stories, ply your output with a sense of humour, and work closely with every part of the company to woo our readers. You don’t need to be a financial expert, but you do need to be able to understand our analysts and challenge them when something doesn’t sound right.
💸 What sets Finimize apart?
- You’ll work directly with the founding team
- You’ll make a big impact and an immediate creative contribution
- You’ll join a high-growth startup with global traction and backed by some of the world’s best investors
- You’ll shape our analysts’ work into something entertaining, accessible, and pacey, and in doing so help our readers make sense of (and care about) the latest financial goings-on.
- You’ll work with designers on cool image ideas, BizDev on cool ad copy, Growth on cool brand copy, Community on cool event shoutouts, and Product on cool in-app copy. Plus whatever else you’re interested in turning your hand to, frankly.
- You’ll tweak existing content strategies based on what’s working and what isn’t, and come up with new ways to engage, convert, and impress our readers.
Some things we consider critical to being our Editor:
- Experience working with words, in whatever industry or capacity. Copywriting, journalism, social, scrawling funny things on the sides of toilet stalls, you name it.
- It would be a time-saver if you had at least a few years in the working world under your belt, but if you’re a smart grad with plenty to offer, that’s cool too.
- Flawless proofreading skills, but flexibility and humility about language rules too.
- An openness for others to question your work, and the motivation and self-awareness to constantly do the same to yourself.
- Buckets of imagination and an encyclopedic knowledge of otherwise-useless pop culture references (we use them to explain financial things in terms people understand).
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced startup environment and with the news flow (there are a few late nights during earnings season).
- A passing familiarity with the basics of investing.
How to apply
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief intro, your CV, and a few examples of your written work. You need to be able to work in London to be considered. Please say something interesting.
We’ll let you know we received your application and, if it makes sense, we’ll have a call or grab a coffee to chat about things further.
🙊 Psst... We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team.