You’ll obviously need an eye for grammar, but also an ear for rhythm, tone and flow, as well as an unflagging ability to explain complex topics simply and concisely. You’ll need creative flair, too: we want you to find compelling ways into inert stories, ply your output with a sense of humour, and work closely with every part of the company to engage our readers. You don’t need to be a financial expert, but you will need to be able to understand unedited analysis and challenge our analysts when something doesn’t sound right.
💸 What sets Finimize apart?
- You’ll work directly with the founding team
- You’ll make a big impact and an immediate creative contribution
- You’ll join a high-growth startup with global traction and backed by some of the world’s best investors
- You’ll shape our analysts’ work into something entertaining, accessible, and pacey, and in doing so help our readers make sense of (and care about) the latest financial goings-on.
- You’ll be doing a lot from scratch too: you’ll work with designers on images, BizDev on ad copy, Growth on brand copy, Community on event shoutouts, and Product on in-app copy.
- You’ll tweak existing content strategies based on what’s working and what isn’t, and come up with new ways to engage, convert, and impress our readers.
Some things we consider critical to being our Editor:
- A few years of experience working with words, preferably as a copywriter or a journalist.
- Flawless proofreading skills, but flexibility and humility about the rules of language too.
- An openness for others to question your work, and the motivation and self-awareness to constantly do the same to yourself.
- A willingness to take on a lot of work in a fast-paced startup environment and adapt to the news flow (there are a few late nights during earnings season).
How to apply
If you’re keen, drop me, email@example.com, an email with a brief intro, your CV, and a few examples of your written work.
🙊 Psst... We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team.