Reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in this transformational phase of the company’s growth. You will be highly motivated to use your experience to deliver best-in-class, scalable and continuously improving operations, processes and policies. The role will provide you with vast opportunities for ownership, autonomy and originality.
💸 What sets Finimize apart?
- We are a community-led company with a genuine purpose to have a positive impact on the world
- We are a high-growth startup with a rapidly scaling community, backed by one of the largest investment firms in the world.
- Work directly with the founding team
- Work with a team that has a strong track record
- Users love our product. Best-in-class reviews for a subscription app on the App/Play Store. We have been featured by Apple numerous times, and they’ve collaborated with us in the past.
We have a world-class selection of perks and benefits:
- Generous pension (16 – 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive salary + team goal bonuses
- 30 days holiday
- Income protection & life assurance
- A private healthcare plan
- Market leading parental leave – up to 40 weeks paid
- Your own personal development budget
- Mental health support services
- Donate to charities of your choice through your salary, with a matched £100/month employer contribution
- Financial wellbeing resources including a free one-to-one financial planning meeting. Plus access to our product and in-house financial experts.
- Additional self-funded options including further healthcare packages, travel insurance, legal services
- Effectively manage other team leads for these business units and co-ordinate and prioritise effectively across them, with a particular focus on scaling all functions successfully
- Help create the overall strategy for the business and lead the implementation of various projects across divisions and countries
- Hire, develop and help train key talent across all teams
- Work closely with Product, marketing and business development teams to build best-in-class customer experiences
- Report directly to the CEO and have a seat on the management team
- Manage the relationship with senior executives at abrdn
- Defining strategy with the senior management team and own strategic execution, tracking and reporting
- Owning day to day operations and set the pace of the business
- Financial modelling, shareholder relations
- Financial management and improvement of key financial metrics
- Board reporting
- Defining and implementing project management excellence (Scope, Timeline, Budget, Reporting)
- Final responsibility HR, legal and compliance
Some things we consider critical to being our Chief Operating Officer:
- Have previous relevant and proven operational experience, ideally within a VC funded start-up
- Are highly commercial, financially literate, with ability to own P&L top to bottom
- Have knowledge of managing functions including operations, finance, product, sales and marketing
- Have experience working for a small, rapid growth tech business
- Are highly strategic but are also willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Have the ability to drill into detail, use data, logic and assumptions to make decisions
- Have excellent writing, presenting, and conversational skills
- Have proven results in identifying, attracting, retaining, managing and leading talent
- Have proven people management skills, priority setting, managing and coaching, developing strong collaborative culture
How to apply
Send us an email at email@example.com with a brief intro and your CV. You need to be able to work in London to be considered.
We’ll let you know we received your application and, if it makes sense, we’ll have a Skype call or grab a coffee to chat about things further 😀
👋 Psst... We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team.