As a Finimize editor, you’ll help apply the distinctive Finimize tone of voice across our daily newsletter, iOS app and beyond, working with our VP Content and editorial team. Meticulous, eagle-eyed editing skills, creative flair and an ability to explain complex topics simply and concisely are a must.
What sets Finimize apart:
- Work directly with the founding team
- Make a big impact and an immediate creative contribution
- Join a high-growth startup with global traction and backed by some of the world’s best investors
- Work with our VP Content to edit Finimize’s daily financial news output – helping an audience of 300,000 understand what financial and economic goings-on mean for them
- Frisk, fillet and finesse explanations of financial concepts and guides to aspects of investing written for the Finimize app – giving our subscribers the tools to take their finances into their own hands
- Curate additional, non-news content for our newsletter and app, and put a Finimize spin on partner and advertising copy
- Maintain and meliorate the Finimize tone of voice across our website and email campaigns
- Collaborate with a close-knit team of writers and editors
- Contribute to Finimize’s ongoing development through new content initiatives – our ultimate goal is to give our audience the tools to make smarter financial decisions
Some things we consider critical to being a Finimize editor:
- Impeccable writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Wide-ranging imagination and creative erudition (or erudite creativity, we’re not fussy)
- A couple of years’ experience working with words
- Acquaintance with brevity, soul and wit #ShakeIt
- Willingness to work with the news flow
- A strong desire to work in a startup environment
- Informed opinion on the Oxford comma debate
- A familiarity with the basics of economics, capital markets and other financial stuff is desirable, but by no means essential
- Competitive equity and salary package 💸
How to apply:
Send us an email at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief intro and your CV. We’re looking to fill one full-time and one part-time position, so please indicate which you’re interested in; if full-time, you should be able to work in London.
We’ll let you know we received your application and, if it makes sense, we’ll have a Skype call or grab a coffee to chat about things further 😀
Content at Finimize:
We’re constantly paying attention to market-moving news while also educating ourselves on longer-term trends within the investment universe. We like to imagine that we end our day by explaining to our friends what just went on – and why they should care about it. As an editor, it’s your voice that’ll be doing the talking.
🙊 Psst... We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team.